Monday, August 31, 2009

What to do if your banner gets bled on.

Duke Eduard had someone's banner bleed on his and left some dye on it. Apparently they were able to get a lot of the foreign dye out by probably handwashing it gently with synthrapol detergent. Synthrapol is an industrial detergent that is used as a pre wash to remove stuff from fabric before dying and also to help keep dyes color fast after they are set. You can get it from Dharma Trading Company that I know of for sure but I'm sure it's available other places too. I've never had this happen to one of my banners, but as I've stated before letting a banner rest on a pourous damo surface, like another banner or pavilion roof can cause dye to be leeched out so it's possible a banner could get bled on by another banner that way. Just another little problem I've never encountered like the lamp oil thing.

Edit- This works pretty well to remove un-set dye. I've used some watered down synthrapol to fix spots that have bled over into another color or dripped into an unintended spot.

2 comments:

  1. Hydrogen peroxide will take blood out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One look and I have subscribed to your RSS feed. You are a wonderful writer and your website is just an amazing platform. How did you do this? Wish someone could guide me on how to start my own micro-blogging site. I have no doubt in my mind which road to take. You have convinced me to take up a full-time job as a freelance writer. I have begun my journey with marketplaces like sell logo design , unique business cards
    , and www.elance.com. You can too!

    ReplyDelete