Friday, July 24, 2009

Banner Designs and Past Work.

The 6' and 8' standards are very similar. You can do most designs on either. The 8' length allows you to have more on the banner and longer tails if you want a swallow tail design.

If I can't cram everything you want into the size you are asking me about I will say so, but do my best to come up with a way to include what you ask for also.

If you would like to order a banner there are a few things to consider. The first is the length and shape. I can do a rounded end, pointed swallow tail or rounded swallow tail. I can do other stuff too if you have something in mind but those are the standard options.

Next you should think about what you would like represented. Historically it is my understanding that closest to the hoist often went the arms or badge of the person the bearer was in fealty to, and the bearer's arms or badge(s) are then broken up along the length and the arms themselves are not always displayed in full. This is to the best of my knowledge so if anyone out there has comments or corrections feel free to contact me.

The various heraldic elements were then commonly divided by a stripe with a motto. If you don't have one you can come up with one yourself or you can search on the net for a bunch of sites that have mottoes from various times in history.

You can see a gallery of many of my past commissions here:

http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/isabellaevangelista/Silk%20Banners/


And a ton of the digital variations I put together for customers til we came up with a design to their liking here:

http://s538.photobucket.com/albums/ff347/isabellaevangelista/Banner%20Mockups/

I always try to get pictures before I send them out but time and weather don't always permit.

2 comments:

  1. I have bought a couple of these banners, the work is fantastic, the communication timely, and she is a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend these banners as a complement to your reenactment persona. - Randy W

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The two banners with the black Ansteorran star on Isabella's gallery site are ones she made for me in exchange for some spring steel armour. Her quality and communication are top notch!

    ReplyDelete